Hotel Trinity Fort Worth/DFW Hotel & Suites
Fun Facts about Fort Worth / Dallas
Interested in learning more about Fort Worth? Here are some fast and fun facts about the “City of Cowboys and Culture.”
• 17th-largest city in the nation
• 10th-fastest growing city in the United States in 2008
• 5th-fastest growing city in U.S. (of 100,000 or more)
• 9th-safest city in the United States
• #1 tourist destination in Texas.
• Named the #4 value-friendly destination in the United States by Hotwire.com
• Named one of America’s Most Livable Communities by Partners for Livable Communities
• Named one of America’s Dozen Distinctive Destinations for 2009 by The National Trust for Historic Preservation
• Named by U.S. News & World Report as one of the “Best Affordable Places to Retire” (2009)
• City of Fort Worth Population: 703,073
• Tarrant County Population: 1,628,200
• Fort Worth/Dallas CMSA Population: 6,014,750
(Source: North Central Texas Council of Governments)
• Elevation: 600 feet above sea level
• Geographical Area: 300 square miles
• Coldest month: January – Avg. High 54 / Avg. Low 34
• Hottest month: July – Avg. High 95 / Avg. Low 75
• 60 percent of America’s paper money is printed at the U.S. Bureau of Engraving and Printing Western Currency Facility in Fort Worth (tours are available).
• The Texas Civil War Museum in Fort Worth houses the largest private Civil War collection west of the Mississippi River.
• By itself, Fort Worth is larger than five cities that have previously hosted Super Bowls.
• The Modern Art Museum in Fort Worth is the oldest museum in Texas and is the second-largest museum gallery space for modern art in America, next to MoMA New York.
• Fort Worth is home to the oldest stock show and rodeo in the country – the Southwestern Exposition and Livestock Show.
• Fort Worth hosts the world’s only twice-daily cattle drive in the Stockyards National Historic District.
• Bonnie and Clyde hid out from the law in Fort Worth’s Stockyards Hotel.
• In 1909, the Fort Worth Zoo opened as the first zoo in Texas.
• In 1963, President John F. Kennedy delivered his last public speech in Fort Worth before leaving for Dallas.
• Fort Worth’s Texas Motor Speedway is bigger than eight Texas Stadiums and seats more than 154,000 spectators.
Fort Worth/Dallas offers an abundance of family-oriented activities that encourage discovery and make learning fun.
If you’re traveling with children, Fort Worth is a great destination for family fun.
For starters, don’t miss the new Museum of Science & History, where bright violet, orange and yellow walls practically scream “Fun!” from a mile away.
Inside, mom and dad will have as much fun as the kids, whether it’s crawling around a massive sandbox, playing with air and light in hands-on activities or taking clipboard in hand to solve mysterious homicides in the high-tech, totally immersive and totally cool “CSI: The Experience” exhibit.
Fort Worth also offers families one of the nation’s best zoos.
Any kid can say she’s seen lions, but how many can say they saw a komodo dragon?!
With learning stations, a rock-climbing tower, carousel and miniature train, there’s more to the Fort Worth Zoo than just looking, but the looking is good – especially at its new Museum of Living Art.
Stop in to see frogs, lizards and other crawly things almost too colorful to be real.
Nearby, Six Flags and a host of water parks offer families splashes and thrills.
Kids will love weekend rodeos and daily cattle drives at the Fort Worth Stockyards.
And don’t miss the chance show your family how gutsy women helped make America great with the fun audio/video exhibits at the National Cowgirl Museum & Hall of Fame – where else can you find a theater with saddles as seats?
Here a few to get you started:
Six Flags Over Texas
I-30 at Highway 360 Fort Worth, TX
Ph (817) 530-6000
Features more than 100 rides, shows, and other attractions. Be sure to ride the world’s top-rated wooden roller-coaster, the Texas Giant!
Six Flags Hurricane Harbor
1800 E. Lamar Arlington, TX
Ph (817) 265-3356
America’s premier water park, with giant slides, massive pools, and thrilling attractions for all ages.
Fort Worth Zoo
1989 Colonial Parkway Fort Worth, TX 76110
Ph (817) 759-7555
Enjoy 5000 animals, the Country Carousel, the Lone Mining Company Movie House, Petting Corral, Playbarn, Congo Climb, Train and much more!
Fort Worth Nature Center
9601 Fossil Ridge Rd. Fort Worth TX 76135
Ph (817) 237-1111
A hidden jewel, a wilderness comprised of forests, prairies, and wetlands. Replete with native flora and fauna-a piece of nature to refresh the spirits and reintroduce a measure of tranquility.
Fort Worth Botanic Garden
3220 Botanic Garden Blvd. Fort Worth, TX 76107
Ph (817) 871-7686
The oldest botanic garden in Texas, lush 109-acre tapestry of dappled shade and vibrant splashes of color. A peaceful haven nestled in the heart the Cultural District, home to over 2,500 species of plants that flourish in its 21 gardens.
Ripley’s Believe It or Not Museum
601 E Palace Pkwy
Grand Prairie, TX 75050
Ph (972) 263-2391
Louis Tussaud’s Palace of Wax & Ripley’s Believe It or Not Museum and Ripley’s Enchanted Mirror Maze all under one roof.
Main Event Entertainment Complex
4801 City Lake Blvd.
Fort worth, TX
Ph (817) 292-5555
Bowling, Billiards, Giant Arcades, Lazar Tag & more!
Alley Cats Entertainment Complex
2008 Pleasant Ridge Road
Arlington, TX 76015
Ph (817) 784-2695
Bowling, Billiards, Rock Climb, Lazar Tag, Arcades & more
Hotel Trinity Fort Worth/DFW InnSuites Hotel & Suites strives to be a value to its guests by providing many free amenities.
The free amenities include:
Free Hot Healthy Full Breakfast Buffet
Free Evening Social Hour
Free Daily Newspaper
Free Business Center with High Speed Internet Computers and Printer plus Limited Free Copies and Faxes
Free Manager’s Barbeque the first Wednesday of every month
Free Barbeque Gas Grills
Free Parking/Bus, Car, Truck, RV
Free Fitness Center
Free Hi-Speed and Wi-Fi Internet Access
Free Local Phone Calls
And much more making Hotel Trinity, Your Suite Choice Value!
For Fort Worth TX Hotel Packages and Deals, look to Hotel Trinity Fort Worth.
No matter where or when you travel, Hotel Trinity Fort Worth InnSuites Hotel & Suites can make your trip a great experience and value by giving you the travel deals and hotel deals you deserve.
Want last minute deals and other travel specials sent to you?
Just enter your email address under Sign-up for Our Exclusive Offers : Sign-Up.
Hotel Trinity Fort Worth/DFW InnSuites Hotel & Suites caters to a variety of leisure, corporate, government, group and extended stay guests.
To meet your independent traveling needs, call the Sales Department at 817.534.4801.
We look forward to serving you.
Hotel Trinity Fort Worth/DFW InnSuites Hotel & Suites, member of OOIDA, offers special Commercial Drivers
When making your reservation or upon arrival, please ask for the CDL rate and show your CDL.
We look forward to serving you.
Hotel Trinity Fort Worth/DFW InnSuites Hotel & Suites in Fort Worth, Texas works with CLC Lodging to bring substantial benefits to its workforce travelers coming to Texas.
If you are unsure if your company works with CLC Lodging, contact your company representative.
We look forward to serving you.